Tucked between Los Angeles and San Francisco, you will find a kitchen on the Pacific coast full of Mediterranean spices and old family recipes crafted into a small batch.
Today, if you have ever been to a farmers market in Central California, chances are you may have met owner, Moez Bensalem. He dedicates his time to provide you with the same freshness and flavors of his home country of Tunisia. All our products are handmade in our San Luis Obispo kitchen instead of a factory to assure you enjoy only the highest quality - just like in grandma’s kitchen!
Go ahead. Pop the lid open and grab a scoop. What you’ll taste are our organically-grown garbanzo beans combined with only the freshest ingredients, and infused with Mediterranean spices to provide you with a taste of North Africa. However, all of this didn’t just happen. It took many summers as a child watching grandma in the kitchen where she made mouthwatering foods from vegetables and herbs picked straight out of the garden on the Mediterranean Sea.
Superfood to the Rescue!
It may come in a small batch but it's packed full of benefits. Not only does our hummus taste amazing, it's a superfood and not just because of it's creamy, delightful taste. Check out the healthy truth about hummus!
Hummus has been consumed for so many centuries that the exact origin is unknown. Many areas such as the Middle East, Greece, Egypt and other Mediterranean countries have been making hummus as a major staple in their diet.
Hummus is made from garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas), tahini (a sesame seed paste), olive oil along with any spices or desired flavors that may be added. topfoodfacts.com
Some Facts About Humus
- Plant based protein
- Bones grow stronger
- Contribute to weight loss
- Can help lower your cholesterol
- High in protein can make you feel full longer and fight food cravings
- Improve bone, muscle, skin and blood health
- Good source for vegetarians and vegans
- Chickpeas and tahini are high in calcium which contributes to good bone health.
- Tahini contains monounsaturated fats which have the ability to help promote
weight loss and reduce belly fat
- Monounsaturated fats are a good substitute for trans fats and polyunsaturated fats that can contribute to weight gain
- Good substitute for unhealthy foods such as mayo and ranch
- High nutrients can balance blood sugar levels
- Avoid heart disease
- High in fiber
- Can help alleviate anemia
- Chickpeas are high in antioxidants
- Additional Health Benefits
- Great choice for those with food allergies!
- Keep a healthy digestive tract
- Chickpeas and tahini are a good source of iron which helps deliver oxygen to red blood cells
- Beans in general have 3 compounds: saponins, protease inhibitors, and phytic acid, that have been shown through tests to guard cells from damage that can cause cancer.
- Nut free
- Dairy free
With zero additives or preservatives, our hummus is made with simple, clean ingredients. You’ll have the peace of mind of knowing exactly what you are putting in your body. No scary ingredients you can’t pronounce or know where they came from! At Baba Small Batch we are dedicated to providing the highest quality hummus with a clean conscious.
Each small batch of hummus is hand-crafted in our San Luis Obispo, California kitchen from freshly sourced ingredients that can be found at local farmer’s markets! Due to our advanced packaging and processing techniques, our hummus has a shelf life of up to six months. And that’s with ZERO preservatives! While shipping or traveling, a sealed tub of hummus can last up to 5 days without being refrigerated while maintaining the highest quality. It is recommended to allow two hours of refrigeration upon receipt of your hummus for the best eating experience.
Our Hummus Recipe
What makes our hummus different than others? To begin with, Baba Small Batch owner, Moez, grew up in Tunisia watching his grandma cook in the kitchen. The Mediterranean flavors were always fresh from their backyard garden and the quality was something you can only get homemade. Moez brought his family secret recipes to Baba Small Batch in 2008 where he combined the traditional flavors of the Mediterranean with a California flare. Made in small batches in our San Luis Obispo kitchen, Baba Small Batch brings you the homemade quality hummus you deserve.
Shop by Category
Our organic hummus is by nature non-GMO, cholesterol free and gluten free. It’s like love at first bite!View more
Made with the highest quality ingredients, our hummus provides a flavor packed punch with every bite.View more
What goes best with hummus? Pita Chips! Try our delicious, crispy golden pita chips with your favorite hummus.View more